2017 Girl Scouts Arizona Cactus Pine-Council Recipe Contest Finalist, Gabriella
Italian Bean Tomato Bowls (makes 6 servings)
- 6 Tomatoes
- 3 slices of fresh mozzarella, halved
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 14 leaves of basil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out the inside of the tomatoes creating a tomato bowl. Place to the side.
- Combine beans, garlic, basil, lime juice, olive oil, ginger and salt and blend in a food processor.
- Place half a slice of mozzarella in the bottom of each tomato bowl.
- Fill the remaining space with the bean mixture and top with a basil leaf.