2017 Girl Scouts Arizona Cactus Pine-Council Recipe Contest Finalist, Sarah
Not Your Momma's Fruit Salad (makes 6 servings)
- 6 tbsp avocado mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- 3 tsp lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- large pinch of black pepper
- large pinch of celery salt
- 1.5 cups toasted walnuts
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1-2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 medium red apples
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by adding the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, black pepper, and celery salt. Stir until combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts and almonds, stirring or tossing to prevent burning, until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Remove nuts from pan to cool, and then coarsely chop them.
- Wash and dry the grapes, celery, apples, and spinach.
- Chop the apples into bite-sized pieces. Cut the grapes in half, and cut the celery into 1/4-inch slices.
- Combine in a large bowl with the nuts, raisins, pumpkin seeds, and dressing. Toss until ingredients are all coated.
- Place mixture on a bed of spinach and serve.